Climate of Harare, Zimbabwe Average Weather
- Harare, Zimbabwe is at 17°55'S, 31°7'E, 1480 m (4856 ft). See map.
- Harare has a humid subtropical mild summer climate that is mild with dry winters, mild rainy summers and moderate seasonality. This climate is usually found in the highlands of some tropical countries. (Köppen-Geiger classification: Cwb).
- According to the Holdridge life zones system of bioclimatic classification Harare is situated in or near the subtropical dry forest biome.
- The annual mean temperature is 18.4 degrees Celsius (65.2 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 7.8 °C (14°F). This indicates that the continentality type is hyperoceanic, subtype barely hyperoceanic.
- In the winter time records indicate temperatures by day reach 22.2°C (71.9°F) on average falling to 6.3°C (43.4°F) overnight.
- In spring time temperatures climb reaching 27.5°C (81.4°F) generally in the afternoon with overnight lows of 13°C (55.3°F).
- During summer average high temperatures are 26.1°C (79°F) and average low temperatures are 15.7°C (60.3°F).
- Come autumn/ fall temperatures decrease achieving average highs of 25°C (76.9°F) during the day and lows of 11.9°C (53.4°F) generally shortly after sunrise.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 805.2 mm (31.7 inches) which is equivalent to 805.2 Litres/m² (19.75 Gallons/ft²).
- On average there are 2871 hours of sunshine per year. Visit the sunshine and daylight section to check monthly details including how high in the sky the sun reaches each month.
- If you were to burrow down through the Earth from Harare you would come out nearest to the climate station at Hilo, (Big Island), Hawaii, Hawaii where you would find a Tropical wet climate (Subtropical dry forest biome).
The climate table uses colour to represent the data so you can get a good idea about the climate at a glance. The colour also helps when comparing two or more locations that you can switch between in separate tabs in your browser. There are links along the side and top to the various sections where we are adding additional details including in the new discussion section where you can read and add posts about the various aspects!
Climate of Harare, Zimbabwe Discussion
We are pleased to announce the release of the new discussion section. Here you will discover a wealth of knowledge about the various aspects of the local climate presented by our international community. We would like to invite you to help get discussion started by visiting those locations you are familiar with. Is there something noteworthy about the climate there that you can enlighten us about? Discussion is subdivided into specific topics such as the months of the year and aspects such as day length and temperature. When you have an idea of something fascinating to share please visit the specific page most fitting and add your post using the simple interface. No registration or third party network login is necessary.
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides: