Harare Climate & Temperature
- Harare, Zimbabwe is at 17°55'S, 31°7'E, 1480 m (4856 ft). See map.
- Harare has a humid subtropical mild summer climate that is mild with dry winters, mild rainy summers and moderate seasonality. This climate is usually found in the highlands of some tropical countries. (Köppen-Geiger classification: Cwb).
- According to the Holdridge life zones system of bioclimatic classification Harare is situated in or near the subtropical dry forest biome.
- The annual average temperature is 18.4 degrees Celsius (65.2 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 7.8 °C (14°F). This indicates that the continentality type is hyperoceanic, subtype barely hyperoceanic.
- In the winter time records indicate temperatures by day reach 22.2°C (71.9°F) on average falling to 6.3°C (43.4°F) overnight.
- In spring time temperatures climb reaching 27.5°C (81.4°F) generally in the afternoon with overnight lows of 13°C (55.3°F).
- During summer average high temperatures are 26.1°C (79°F) and average low temperatures are 15.7°C (60.3°F).
- Come autumn/ fall temperatures decrease achieving average highs of 25°C (76.9°F) during the day and lows of 11.9°C (53.4°F) generally shortly after sunrise.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 805.2 mm (31.7 inches) which is equivalent to 805.2 Litres/m² (19.75 Gallons/ft²).
- On average there are 2871 hours of sunshine per year. Visit the sunshine and daylight section to check monthly details including how high in the sky the sun reaches each month.
- Were you to burrow down through the centre of the Earth from Harare you would pop up nearest to the climate station at Hilo, (Big Island), Hawaii, Hawaii where you would find a Tropical wet climate (Subtropical dry forest biome).
Harare Climate Comparisons
In depth comparisons with over 3,600 world destinations. Better understand a climate by comparing it relative to one you know (check it out):
Rio de Janeiro,
Harare Climate Graph in Metric Units
Harare Climograph in English Units
Please help others find this resource by sharing the link:
Climate of Harare, Zimbabwe Discussion
Post your insights, comments, questions, answers, feedback, error reports, related link suggestions etc. using the easy form below.
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides: